Tuesday, April 28, 2015

More fabulous Year 8s!



The Year 8s who came to visit today were delightful and engaged. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed bundles of lovely.

We had some great discussion around where we get our values from. Some things we came up with were family, home, school, church, marae.

Here are some of their paragraphs about a value that they hold.



Strive & Achieve : Trying my best to complete my goals and to complete my work. Getting my work done in the right time in class also in outside. Achieving to get something useful for your own self or for someone else. Trying my best to achieve something something in my goals also finishing all of my goals in work time or in my own time. Trying my best to get more knowledge from work and to finish my activities in my own time. Not to get distracted from doing something important or in class time when we are doing independent work. Got to do the right thing outside the class also inside the class. My big brother showed me this value everyday because we have to strive and achieve in what we need in my school.

Cyprus, Panmure Bridge


One value that I have is strength. This means that I have strength for rugby. One person who is strong who I would like to be is Superman because of his powers.

Sione Taufou, Pt England



I learned that confidence can take you a long way. I am trying to build my confidence so I can step up and volunteer for activities that take place inside and outside of school. I am learning to try new things that involve schools that I am unfamiliar with and my community. I’m trying to speak clearly in front of an audience without fidgeting or moving and to speak for myself.

Miria, Ruapotaka



Responsibility is my value because at Pt England school we have a lot of people who have a lot of Responsibility looking after sports , young siblings , and friends. Responsibility means taking charge of things that are special. My Responsibility is to take care of my younger siblings that why Responsibility is my important value. This value came from my school principal from Pt England School Mr. Burt

Leka, Pt England


Kindness is when we treat people with respect. When I am showing kindness I don’t bully other people. Instead, I let them play with me. I value kIndness because no one should be left out. We should include everyone.

Timote, Glenbrae



One value that I think is important: Respect.
This is important to me because I have to respect people around me, when I’m walking around the community, at home, during school and everywhere else I go. I think that respect is one important value to anyone because we listen to what someone says, we take in on what someone has to say and help them if they need help. The person I like to respect mostly is my mum, she was the one who helped me with making my lunch and home work.

Jonson, Pt England



Respect is showing your manners. Respect showing that you care. Respect is a good thing. You can get trust when you show others respect. I think that respect is listening to your parents. This is important to me because you learn your manners. My parents taught me the value of respect. My parents value respect and so do I because it shows your manners.

San Tat, Panmure Bridge



Hi, there. My name is Willy and today I’ll talk about a value that then became a deep one for my thoughts and personality, that is now a great value! One value that I have that I am glad to have is...faith. This means that I have full trust in something or someone who I would believe will do something good later on. This value that I chose is important to me because having faith in something that you think will turn out good will result in you gaining the feeling of trust, knowing that when you trust in something/someone for something else, you will definitely take hold on that trust. I, personally, think that values such as having faith can boost your personality and help your life in school, home, and in the community. I bet I use this value quite often, actually. Sometimes, when a friend says they’ll help online later on, I can trust them, and also, when they say they’ll complete their work, I can trust them! I have absolute faith in them! And when an event comes into mind, I can have faith that it doesn’t get interrupted by any sort of interruption. This value, to me, was from many people I’ve encountered so far, including teachers, family members (especially parents), and friends...why? Because of them, I have faith in them to give me faith!
That’s all I need to say about faith.

Willy, Tamaki Primary



Hey, there, My name is Stanley and I’ll be talking about a value that means deep to me and also everything and that comes first in life to me. That one value that I chose that means everything and that comes first in life and that value is Family!. This mean that I have full Trust, Believe and Life-changing because and what I mean by life-changing I mean they change life from when I was little because they helped me be the person who I am right now. My culture...my personality...everything, really. So now the person who I am right now is all because of my Family and they encourage me to be what I want to be when I grow up and when I grow up I will like to be a rugby league star and right now my parent are helping me and encouraging me so now that is what Family really means to be down deep in my heart. That’s all I need to say about Family.

Stanley, Tamaki Primary


This year I am aiming to be a responsible student and get my work done at the standard expected. The reason why I chose this value was because I needed to blog more work on my blog so I can reach the 15 blog posts a month standard. Also another reason why I chose this value is so I can keep on task with my learning at the times I am supposed to. When I show this value it is when I am managing myself with my learning and my learning only at the right time. Responsibility is another way of saying.

Cypress, Tamaki Primary


No comments: